[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mpeg2 Interlaced

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Sep 25 19:16:56 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Here is my second patch about Mpeg2 interlaced. The
> previus one hasn't been applyed so i this one containd
> it. That does patch does.
> It draws Frame or second(bottom) Filed (as pp does).
> Now it report correctly is_frame_done, and
> decode_vid.c flips only if the frame (or 2 field) have
> been drawn. This reduce CPU usage by 2-3 times. It may
> also help on none Interlaced mpeg2 streems.
thanks, i'll check this.

> There is also a problem with synchronization, if mpeg2
> is 25 fps you must -fps 50. There must be more drastic
> changes to fix that.
Hmm. can interlacing be determined from the sequence header?
if yes, the read_video_properties function at dec_video.c could
handle this case. (double fps if interlacing flag is set in
the 'picture' struct after seq. header parsing)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu