[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer doesn't switch virtual screen in X11

ZBialy zdzislaw at tango.elzab.com.pl
Mon Sep 24 16:00:11 CEST 2001

Please help me,
I run my program with SVGALIB under X from xterm. It runs on 3th virtual console (CTRL-ALT-F3).
Then  I call Mplayer using command:
   sytem("mplayer -vo x11 -fs xxx.avi >/dev/null\n")
(my program is in Text mode).

Mplayer display AVI on 2th virtual console (CTRL-ALT-F2) but not switching on this (there are black screen).

I inserted code to mplayer.c for switch to virt.cons.2:
   if ((fd=open("/dev/tty2",O_RDWR))>0)
     {aa=ioctl(fd,VT_ACTIVATE,2);
     }
and it's works but after playing (or aborting) there are virt.cons. 2 on the screen. I must press CTRL-ALT-F3 to return my program.

I inserted as above code for /dev/tty3 before exit() instructon in mplayer.c .
Mplayer returned to my program, but next call to Mplayer destroied Xserver.
It's very important for me.
Thanks in advance.
Zdzislaw Bialy