[Mplayer-dev-eng] VP3 Codec

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sun Sep 23 16:06:06 CEST 2001

Hello, Felix!
On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:08:24 +0200, you wrote:

> On Saturday, 22. September 2001 02:15, Arpi wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > the codec seems to use much asm code, maybe it's some sort of cpu feature
> > > detection.
> >
> > yes:
> >
> > ; check to see if OS supports SIMD instructions
> >     mov     edx,cr0
> >     bt      edx,2                           ; ensure no emulation
> >     jnae    NoXMMSupport
> >
> >     mov     edx,cr4
> >     bt      edx,9                           ; OS support SIMD
> >     jnc     NoXMMSupport
> >
> > ; we support XMM instructions
> >     mov     eax,1
> >     jmp     Exit
> >
> > NoXMMSupport:
> > ;    mov     eax,0                           ; OS does not support XMM
> > instructi
> >
> > so it uses cr0 to check OS support of SSE. this is why it works for
> > Gabucino (his k6 has no sse at all) and crashes for you.
> >
> I've now hacked the vp31vfw.dll removing this check and always assuming os
> supports sse (so eax==1). I've uploaded the hacked dll to ftp://mphq/.../vp3/.
> I get green picture with YUY2 and black picture with bgr(16) :(
>
> @ Nick: please fix biew search option for disassembler mode, it's very buggy
> (doesn't find search results, or finds wrong stuff with one byte searches, ie
> search for 73 find FF ans stuff like that, I'm using latest p7 version from
> aug, 11th).
Yes - it's a bug. Thanks you very much!!!
Currently I suggest you to find following constructions:
jn?
with set flags:
- use wildcard (by F6)
- use plugin's output (by F7)
or simply:
jnc
if you want.
Using instruction's mnemonics within search dialog in disassembler mode makes
your search much easy and fanny.