[MPlayer-dev-eng] new rgb2rgb stuff

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Oct 30 19:31:58 CET 2001

Hi,

> > if you're already on optimization, what about these: ?
> ;)
> > - optimizing yv12->rgb24 without scaling (yuv2rgb()) (only 16/32 is optimized)
> > - optimizing subtitle renderer (libvo/osd.c)
> >
> Send me please internal representations of these formats (YUY2, YV12, other yuv related) and I'll try to do that.

they all are implemented already in C - just optimize :)

but, if you're interested:

YV12:
3 planes, a w*h sized Y and two (w/2)*(h/2) sized U and V planes.
2x2 rgb pixels are constructed using 2x2 Y, 1 U and 1 V bytes.
(U and V are common for the 4 pixels)

I420(==IYUV) is teh same, but has U and V planes swapped.

YUY2, UYVY, etc:
packed format, 4 bytes (2 Y, 1 V and 1 U byte) for 2 pixels (common U,V).
2x1 rgb pixels are constructed from 2x1 Y, 1 U 1 V bytes.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu