[MPlayer-dev-eng] new rgb2rgb stuff

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Oct 30 18:40:50 CET 2001

Hi,

> Hello, Arpi!
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:22:23 +0200 (CEST), you wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > I've perform changes to replace old rgb15to16mmx stuff with new one from postproc subfolder.
> > > I've found that modified by me files also can be modified for using MMX, MMX2, 3DNOW optimized
> > > versions of rgb24to32 and rgb32to24.
> > > So if their author still participate with mplayer then let they'll perform corresponded changes.
> > > (Simply I have no possibility to test every vo driver).

> > > But I guess that 16 to 32 convertion is meaningless same as 16 to 24. But 32(24) to 16 could be
> > > usefull.
> >
> > it has sense if we plan to support oldy 16bpp codecs (cram), and
> > uncompressed video.  24->15/16 has sense if it does some dithering.
> >
> But video bandwidth?

all rgb codecs can do 15bpp, most of them 16bpp too.
so it has no sense of writting 24->15/16, unless you do something extra,
for example dithering.

if you're already on optimization, what about these: ?
- optimizing yv12->rgb24 without scaling (yuv2rgb()) (only 16/32 is optimized)
- optimizing subtitle renderer (libvo/osd.c)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu