[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer is running on sgi/irix machines

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Oct 24 15:02:42 CEST 2001

Hi,

> i tested it with a few files and it seems to work fine, but
> is very very slow (i made absolutely no optimizations)
what -vo drivers did you try? gl?
afaik SGI has some YUV support, but may requires some vo_sgi

> i changed the order of the libs in the main makefile
> (the irix linker is quite pedantic). all other changes should
> not affect non-sgi systems.
>
> divx ;-) playback works only with ffmpeg. opendivx just produces
> garbage with my divx-files, but it doesnt work on my
> redhat-box (ahem... gcc2.96) neither. (my fault???)

no. the opensource opendivx can't decode old divx ;-) files.
the new opendivx, aka divx4 is closedsource and it decodes it.
if you compile mplayer with divx4 (linux only), it will work.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu