[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] Tiny configure patch

André Dahlqvist andre.dahlqvist at telia.com
Tue Oct 23 23:35:08 CEST 2001

Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> not a bug in mplayer, bug in distros which come with nonstandard
> /dev/mga_vid

You know just as well as me that the presense of a device file under
/dev says nothing of weather the user has the device installed or not.
mplayer is not to blaim for that, but using that presence as a way to
check if that device is installed is a bad check.

> It is not help.
> We have _*much*_ more important things to do with mplayer, than cosmetics
> in configure script. And you always come up with nonsense things.

I realize it's not very important, but I was trying to trim down the
long list that --help produces. You have said yourself that you only
wanted the most important stuff there, and I did not think that how the
detection of mga was done was important. We obviously disagree and
that's fine with me.
--

André Dahlqvist <andre.dahlqvist at telia.com>