[MPlayer-dev-eng] RPMs for MPlayer-0.50

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 18 09:51:22 CEST 2001

On Thursday, 18. October 2001 06:22, Eric Anholt wrote:
> Okay, I think I finally have the code cleaned up enough to post.  It works
> for mpegs (with postprocessing) on my PII and PIII and AVIs at least on the
> PII.  All of the cpu optimizations are enabled in the binary.  At this
> point I need some testers for DVDs, linux, AMD, pre-pentium, and non-intel
> systems. I wish I could have tested DVDs, but for some reason my laptop dvd
> drive is not probing.
>
> There are two files
> http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~eanholt/mplayer/mplayer-2001-10-17.tar.gz
> http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~eanholt/mplayer/mplayer-2001-10-17.diff
> Untar the one and patch the other in.

hmm, the patch looks inapropriate to me in several ways:
- logical errors, like two times 3dnowex used were it should be 3now and
3dnowex
- incomplete change to cpu-runtime detection in places were macroprocessor
directives were used to have different versions of code inside asm code.
-diff of different mplayer codebases, it removes lately added code
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos