[MPlayer-dev-eng] What happened to deinterlacing?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Oct 16 16:08:22 CEST 2001

Hi

On Tuesday 16 October 2001 15:10, marpet at linuxpl.org wrote:
> The 0x20000 seems the most smooth, but leaves some 'ghostlike' artifacts.
> 0x10000 and 0x80000 don't have that effect but are a little more 'noisy',
> that apparently is a side effect of the quality of my 'reference' clip
cubic interpolating deinterlacer will be better than linear (0x10000)
noise reducing filters are in the TODO list ...
perhaps ill try to implement a smart deinterlacer which analyses the image
and decides what to do to each area, perhaps not ...

> :-)
>
> Question: is the postprocessing optionset going to standarize in some
> way? Currently it is a bit messy - any ideas where it is going to go?
no clue :)
commandline options would be a nice thing, something like
-deint=linblend
-denoise=temp,25	(25 is the threshold to use)
or
-deint-linblend
-denoise-temp=25
or

> The other thing - how can I test the new pp code (nicknamed GPL
> postprocessing ;-) - are there any 'secret' options like the above which
> would allow me to playback clips with the use of various pp algos?
all the secret codes are hidden in postproc/postprocess.h
... test results are welcome too

> regards and thanks for friendly response :-)

Michael