[MPlayer-dev-eng] libvo2 wanted

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Mon Oct 15 19:10:00 CEST 2001

Hello, Arpi!
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:48:18 +0200 (CEST), you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > As soon you'll make workable libvo2 stuff?
>
> dunno... it was delayed many times...
> i wanted to start it after 0.50 release, but now i'm busy
> again with other stuff - postprocessing and DVB support

:(
> > It's gladly accepted for my vo2_vesa driver (DGA access).
> > Or it would be better to implement vo_vesa driver for now?
> vo_vesa... conversion to vo2_ will be easy.

Not sure. There is function 'control' which can free me from
many unnecessary operations.
Btw: there are some lacks, like:
- display refresh control (vesa will switch monitor to graphics mode and vice versa)
- query max video picture size (for software scaling from mplayer's part)
- query max bpp to downgrade colors

Althrough for old video cards vo_vesa will be only way to implement driver
(DGA was introduced only in VBE 2.0 but putpixel exists since CGA).

And the last: In VBE 3.0 specifications exists type of memory #7 which is named memYUV.
Which fourcc I should use for that? IMGFMT_IYUV or some other YUVP or YVU9?