[MPlayer-dev-eng] alsa9-driver

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Oct 15 13:02:27 CEST 2001

Hi,

> i attached a patch to current audio-driver for alsa9-beta-support.
> a few weeks-ago i posted some kind of dirty one-night-hack to the
> users-list. as i saw its aplied to the latest cvs. i cleaned up
> ao_alsa9.c, ENGLISH-comments, different startup message: no more dont use
> it, use the oss-emu instead, cause when nobody use it, i dont know whats
> wrong. only bugs that remain, as i can see, is some furios av-sync proplem
> under heavy cpu-load, but this disapears with the -framdrop option, also
> sound simply disepears without message after heavily moving the vid-window
> or doing many tasks at the same time, i think its a buffer underrun
> problem, but dont know exactly. i switched off the routine wich
> handles the buffer-underrun thing for now, cause i think its wrong, i will
> take a look at it the next days.
if you read DOCS/tech/tech-eng.txt, you know mplayer's A-V sync depends a lot
on audio card/driver timing. get_space() and get_delay() must work, except
a-v sync and buffer control will lost.

> patch against current cvs ao_alsa9.c, i also attached a clean ao_alsa9.c
> cause its not such a large file.
ok, patch applied. btw it had DOS/WIN CRLF's, so i had to run d2u first
on ao_alsa9.c to get teh same as patched old ao_alsa9.c.
maybe it's problem of your mailer or editor...

if you plan making future changes or maintaining this driver, i offer you a
cvs write account. mail me requested login/pass.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu