[MPlayer-dev-eng] Postprocessing in GPL

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 11 14:48:42 CEST 2001

On Thursday, 11. October 2001 12:30, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > btw speed of new postprocess is very good, compared to old opendivx
> > > postprocess.c
> >
> > yes, with full pp (-pp -63) it decodes my sample mpeg in 47sec instead of
> > 24 without pp. It is 134sec with old pp code at -pp 63. Sample clip is
> > NTSC VCD format (252x240, 29.97fps, 180kbyte/sec) and ~3mins. Benchmark
> > cmdline was: ../mplayer /download/samples/mpeg.mpg -vo xv -double
> > -benchmark -nosound -quiet
>
> Ahh. compare only -pp 15 to new code, as dering filters (16+32 flags)
> aren't yet implemented in new code.
I'vr noe redid the test with -pp 15 for old code it gives me 60sec, but I
also checked new code with timing code disabled it gives me 34sec (note the
difference to the result with timing enabled, btw. regular printfs always
mean a speed impact on my sys cause of the transparent console with font
antialiasing :).

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos