[MPlayer-dev-eng] small cleanups&fixes for configure + help_mp-fr.h + help_mp-en.h

pl p_l at gmx.fr
Thu Oct 11 00:40:07 CEST 2001

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 10:07:51PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:25:18 +0200 pl <p_l at gmx.fr> wrote:
>
> > A minor patch to configure:
> >  - if test ... ; replaced by if [ test ...] ; since it seems the
if test blah  ; replaced by if [ blah ] ; (I should have written)

> Please dont do that.
> test is an external program and should be available on any modern
> unix with more or less the same behavior, whereas [ ] relies on
> a specific shell (I sens problems on solaris)
[...]

Ok... but there were already plenty of "[ ]" in the script so I just
sticked to 1 notation but it may be the other :)

(Some informations regarding portability of test and -a ...
http://sources.redhat.com/autoconf/autoconf.html#SEC49)

Regarding [], I checked this on a SunOS 5.7 and it works fine with
/bin/sh.

--
Regards,
  pl