[MPlayer-dev-eng] Postprocessing in GPL

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Oct 10 23:51:58 CEST 2001

Hi

On Wednesday 10 October 2001 12:47, Arpi wrote:
> maybe we could add a hyper-fast algo too, described at:
> ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/doc-tech/postproc/paper_0011.pdf
>
> it's basicly the same as opendivx's pp algo, but uses avegaring instead of
> the slow lowpass filtering. the results they provided are amazing!

its included now (the vertical one only), and its fast but i wouldnt call the
quality amazing imho
feeding it with a simple linear gradient will mess the gradient up
in: 0 8 16 24
out: 1 12 12 23
ive allso seen some flickering around subtitles, so it seems the hard
switchon code based on <1.25QP isnt a very good choice, but perhaps iam
expecting too much, considering the speed its ok

PS: the paper didnt mention anything about overflowing of the values i think,
they do overflow sometime though so i had to add extra code to take care of
that

Michael