[MPlayer-dev-eng] OpenDivX & GPL

Ivan Kalvatchev iive at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 17:51:24 CEST 2001

I think that license of MPlayer should be only GPL.
In order to do so you could
1. Remove MPlayer/encore, it is used only as video out
and is not very popular. Intead of OpenDivX encore you
may use DivX4Linux one.
2. Same think for OpenDivX folder. If you want to use
postprocess you could add it separately. Just like
FFMpeg. There is definition (like) HAVE_POSTPROCESS so
it could be detected in configure.
3. Can somebody give me some literature about
PostProcessing? I could "google" it.

There have been statement that OpenDivX decoder will
be GPL-ed but i haven't seen the license.
http://forums.projectmayo.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2431&forum=3

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev