[MPlayer-dev-eng] mpeg2 interlased fps need some help

Ivan Kalvatchev iive at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 01:49:56 CEST 2001

There was an idea picture->repeat_count to be used to
keep proper framerate. The fix realy works for me but
i am not sure that it is corect, so i want to discus
some things
1. in libmpeg2/header.c::
// repeat_first implementation by A'rpi/ESP-team,
based on libmpeg3:
    if(picture->repeat_count>=100)
picture->repeat_count=0;
// what does this mean? why this is so?

    if(picture->repeat_first_field){
        if(picture->progressive_sequence){
            if(picture->top_field_first)
                picture->repeat_count+=200;
            else
                picture->repeat_count+=100;
        } else
        if(picture->progressive_frame){
                picture->repeat_count+=50;//Is this
correct?
//I think that in this situation we have 1 frame. I
don't really understend how it is constructed from 3
fields, but there is nothing told about how long it
should stay on the screen. Moreover, there is told
that  repeat frame is for frame pictures only not
filed one.
        }
    }

    return 0;
//---
2. The better solution is to use repeat_count as
persentage of frame time (100%,200%,50%), but in this
case it should be with some other name. I am short of
names so please give me one:)

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev