[MPlayer-dev-eng] FIX THIS! (Was: Re: [Mplayer-cvslog] CVS: main/DOCS doMon Oct 1 22:28:48 2001

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Mon Oct 1 22:52:02 CEST 2001

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 10:33:42PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Afaik everything is GPL except opendivx encoder (maybe decoder too, but even
> the projectmayo guys were unsure in this...).
> But, of course, the code we used/created based on not fully legal sources,
> mostly reverse engineered documents (asf format, divx codec, mpeg standard
> etc).

So? It's another question. Afaik GPL is not care about the source of your
idea :). It it would be true, MANY MANY MANY things cannot be GPL either
in the world. But it's direct breaking attempt of GPL is you say that
mplayer is GPL expect OpenDivX part. Well. Afaik and imho.

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!