[MPlayer-dev-eng] moving native codecs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Nov 29 21:51:36 CET 2001

Hi,

> On Wednesday, 28. November 2001 10:39, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Hi Arpi ...
> > >
> > > what do you think about moving out the native codec (like msvids, fli,
> > > etc) into a own directory like codecs or so ?
> > > I think number native mplayer codecs will grow in future...
> >
> > planned...
> >
> how about creating an own codec a(r)pi then, so codecs would be more modular
> and probably easier to add?
of course.
btw kabi (avifile) is working (or planning) such thing, mainly for win32
codecs but it could be extended later for native ones. or we can simply
forget it and use our already "created" and used interface, see dec_*.c for
it.
maybe moving all codec stuff into libmpcodecs dir and make it libao2-like,
i mean add control() decode() start(0 stop() init(0 etc functions and make
drivers to codecs plugins, like vc_vfwex.c ac_alaw.c etc.

it's big work and i don't want to start (and i have no tiem at all) before
0.60.

we really should stabilize mplayer code for a few days to make something
like a release. nowdays it mostly don't compile at all, or ha sunworkable
stuff inside :(

yes, it's good as development run faster than ever, but we shouldn'ty give
up stability...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu