[MPlayer-dev-eng] Libvo2 draft

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Wed Nov 28 13:05:46 CET 2001

>>> subpicture - this function will place subtitles.
>>>
>[snip]
>
>>I think this is also unnecessary, it's better this
>>is handled by the
>>libvo2 core depending on the VO2CTRL_OVERLAY
>>control. We want to get
>>away from device developers having to do stuff
>>themselves the core might
>>as well do. If really needed I prefer implementing
>>something like
>>VO2CTRL_OVERLAY_CALLBACK and passing it a callback
>>function as parameter.
>>
>No no, this will work with X, but it will be useless
>with vo2_gl, as it (will) draw(s) it as texture.
>Libvo2 core will draw subtitles ONLY if there is NO hw
>support.

ok, but say this is an X interface, then this interface will be called
with NULL values or what?
then I see the point of having it, especially since IMGFMT_SUBPIC is
going to be implemented...

>I thouth on it before proposing it in this form. Here
>are the resons:
>1. Not all atributes are available on all devices,
>there must be some kind of query and for them. This
>will prevent us from double apply e.g. BRIGHTNES - 1st
>in DivX4Linux and 2'd in the overlay:)

I still don't see how this applies to putting them all in one control,
my idea is this
case VO2CTRL_SET_BRIGHTNESS:
    if( supported )
        set it, return VO2_TRUE;
    if( not supported )
        return VO2_NA;
if VO2_NA is returned DivX4Linux handles brightness...

>2. There are more atributes that these, like keycolor
>- have you seen bsplayer ability to display move as
>desktop. You can watch movie and to see some icons and
>windows at the same time. To do this you will need to
>make some tricks with keycolor.
>Anyway it realy will be easyer to have them expanded,
>but GET/SET_ATTRIBUTES should exists at all cost.
>[snip]

Please elaborate on what you mean by putting it all in one control
instead of having one for each "function".

//David Holm