[MPlayer-dev-eng] AC3-surround patch

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Nov 28 12:17:47 CET 2001

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> I've already uploaded AC3TEST.VOB to mphq/.../ac3test/, do you have mplayer
> developer ftp access? (The file doesn't play normally, but -dumpaudio works,
> you can then play that stream with a52dec -o oss6 or whatever)

But then the channel swapping will be an a52dec/liba52 issue?

With a quick look in the liba52 docs it looks like the liba52 library
doesn't output the channels in the L/R/Ls/Rs/C/LFE order.  The library
itself sends back the 5.1 mix as LFE/L/C/R/Ls/Rs.

So most probably using a52dec to the emu10k1 driver:

  fx8 will be LFE
  fx9 will be Left
  fx10 will be Center
  fx11 will be Right