[MPlayer-dev-eng] AC3-surround patch

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Nov 27 22:11:06 CET 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> Btw. distortions are also on the rear channels if I heard right.

Yep.

> Btw. just checked on laptop in 2 channel mode, and there I get no distortion
> at the end of the Canyon clip (laptop is also SSE cpu).

Yeah - the code scales down the front as it adds the centre and
rear.  Which gets rid of the overflow.  Same effect with my 4 channel
downmix.  I suppose what I'm missing is some sort of limiting of the
values in the -32768..32767 range.

But I'll send a new patch now with the 4 channel downmix etc and see how
you get on with it.

Steve