[MPlayer-dev-eng] TODO and release?

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Nov 27 13:02:13 CET 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Arpi wrote:

> I've commited a small file to DOCS/tech/TODO
> it describes what to do, planned features. feel you free to extend it
> or pick up something and work on it.

An idea for the todo list:  Create and parse a kind of equivalent to the
dvd .ifo for other file types

Result would be a kind of "playlist" for video files.  File format should
probably be text, perhaps an extension of a .m3u file?

Uses:
 - seamless playback of multi-part avis
 - virtually "edit out" pieces of a file (commercials)
 - file representing http content
 - keep bookmarks for a file

Such a file would be handy for playback, and great for input to mencoder
too.

Could also stash mplayer options in such a file - to, for instance, force
a particular codec or whatever.

Does the idea make sense?

Steve