[MPlayer-dev-eng] opinion on threads

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Nov 27 08:23:11 CET 2001

Hi,

> I know your opinion on using threads in mplayer is not to use them, but
> may I use it in my ao_dxr3 and vo_dxr3 to solve some temporary (major)
> bugs? As soon as I can locate these bugs (they are in the em8300 drivers
> and I'm not too familiar with that code since it's not mine, so it's
> going slow and people are asking me when I'm gonna get audio output to
> work).

i think it will make your life more difficult, as mplayer isn't ready for
threads. but do it if you think it helps. but dxr3 only!

btw do you have any sample prog which plays real mpeg-ps stream on the dxr3
with audio? like test_av.c for dvb?

maybe you should try -vo mpegpes (compiled WITHOUT dvb support) to write
mpeg file and the send this file to the card.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu