[MPlayer-dev-eng] Example AC3 5.1 streams including LFE sound?

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 26 03:17:14 CET 2001

On Sunday, 25. November 2001 19:39, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have an example file with AC3 5.1 sound, particularly
> including something happening on the LFE (subwoofer) channel?
>
> I've added decoding of that channel but its hard to know if its working...
>
> Other test AC3 files would be welcome, I guess especially any sort of test
> suite with the "correct" decodings included.

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Contrib/EuropeDVD/dolbydigital.html this page
contain 5 of the original Dolby Digital trailers, they should be fine for
testing (site is slow...).

I also found a nice AC3 test video (to test speaker setup), it should be
60sec, but mplayer only plays maybe 1sec.
Arpi: please check  /MPlayer/incoming/ac3test/ and see if you get it working,
if yes please move to different dir, so Steve can get it.

(If you can't wait Steve, get it from
http://web.rekvizit.ru/drivers/DVD/ac3test/ac3test.zip (very slow..., but
only 2,1MB), you can dump the ac3stream with mplayer -dumpaudio and then play
it with a52dec (doesn't help you too much :))

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos