[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer licensing [and lotso other stuff as I'm tySat Nov 24 13:20:17 2001

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Sat Nov 24 12:43:43 CET 2001

It's the Question that drives us, Arpi :
> > Milyen volt Dunaujvaros? ;)
> yo.
> volt facecompo. de .so remelem nem adja ki a fotokat :)
KELLLLLL!!! ;))

> btw, the screenshot in news is not from warpvision...
> so you should remove it.
(it was said to be warpvision) removed

> > I'll check BSD license. Can we distribute GPL code with BSD license?
> no :)
> but if we disallow binaries... :)
Not even then. AFAIK the (fuckin' long:) GPL says all derivative work
should be GPL. So let's rewrite all of them for BSD license ;) LGB? ;)

> > > I think we have control, by denying support and making it illegal.
> > Err.. I understand, but this is what we really shouldn't (we can, but
> > _shouldn't_) do for a long time.
> we _have_ to, until it's solved.
Then we have to stay licenseless. Absolutely sure? ;( (I know: yes..)

> > Sorry. When I told you, you didn't object :)
> > Should I remove it?
> yes
removed

> > > source, it's hiding the copyright.
> > The red star means Heineken, btw :)
> Change it to Reiser. A ser. Nem koser. :)
;))))
Vegulis slashdoton mar "Some words from mplayer nazisite" szoval akar
zsidozhatunk is ;)

> > I'll change te stuff.
> ok
changed. slightly. Removed the aggressive message, but the others are about
copyright+stealing. And I don't want to change the news with 1-1 new
sentences here-and-there.

--
Gabucino

when? where?