[MPlayer-dev-eng] libac3 in mplayer - how much forked?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Nov 24 04:29:03 CET 2001

Hi,

> Mplayer has its own libac3.  This is presumably libac3 aka liba52.
> How synchronized is it,  how long ago forked?

we forked very long time ago, at early (0.6.0 ?) version of libac3.
i did it, before newer libac3 versions (in OMS cvs) used different
API which was not usable for mplayer (it used callbacks for stuff).

i know that libao52 has advantages, and i also promised to Walken to
port our modifications (mostly Nick's work, asm optimized code) to
it but i don't have time and i don't really know that code.
so, if someone interested, it's welcomed by me!

as soon as our asm code is ported we can switch to liba52.

> A'rpi - I see posts from you in the list archives - some discussion about
> remerging etc.
yes.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu