[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: libvo2, 1st proposed spec

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Sun Nov 18 14:32:52 CET 2001

David Holm wrote:

> Arpi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I also strongly recommend we move from ffmpeg/libavcodec to rte
>>> (http://zapping.sourceforge.net/) asap.
>>>

>> or mp1e.
>> i also has such plans, just no time at all.
>> do it.

ah yes, and about mp1e, I read through the sources a couple of times and
found it messy, and then to get users to understand on how to integrate
it with mplayer will be perhaps as hard as to implement it in our
devices, rte is a statical lib which wraps ffmpeg and mp1e under one
(eh, better) api... users will have no tribble(from a startrek ep.)
installing it and developers will have no tribble implementing it by
reading mpegpes or dxr3 sources... (rte is undocumented, that's kinda lame)

//David Holm