[MPlayer-dev-eng] libao3

Anders Johansson ajh at atri.curtin.edu.au
Sun Nov 18 11:45:26 CET 2001

Hi,

I have been writing on libao3.
This is what I have come up with so far, and I need feedback.

This is what I have made:

I have made two changes to the old interface:
1. The global variables are now in a struct.
2. get_delay() now returns a float.

I have only made changes on ao_oss so far.

I have written one new audio output module called ao_plugin, this
module filters the sound through all the plugins one wants to use and
passes the data on to the HW access module (i.e. ao_oss). My idea is to
have a command line switch who when set bypasses the audio directly to
the HW module if the user doesn't want any plugins - thus preserving
the old interface. I have not written any plugins yet nor any
documentation (I know some of the old comments still are present in
the code, I will fix this).

To use the diff (I don't know if it works - first time I ever made
one :) apply it and move libao2 to some safe place and rename libao3
to libao2. I have not made any changes to configure and will need help
with this.

The reason I send this out now is that I want to know if you think I
am going in the correct direction. Please have a look and give me
comments and ideas.

Cheers,
//Anders

(Please disregard any stupidity in this mail I have a hangover :)