[MPlayer-dev-eng] commit of configure2

pl p_l at tfz.net
Sat Nov 17 04:54:10 CET 2001

Hi,

I've just committed configure2 : test & bugfix part now...

To test it: run ./configure then ./configure2 and check the diff's of
the created configuration files.

As suggested by Arpi, there is now a configure2.log containing the log
of tests.

Some compile tests where extended but I may indeed have broken them :)
Some where buggy in previous configure so they're now fixed.

Please check the GOTCHAS section in the script header (I've removed
a few options or merged others [esp. the ones for include dir])

There are still things missing such as:
  * libvo/libvo2 selection
  * mostly things added after Sat Nov 10th (some were added but not all)
  * things you'll remind me of or suggest :)

Grossly the script now does that:
  parse 1 for "vital" options (cc/as/extralib/extrainc...)
  hardware & OS tests (asm/kernel...)
  options preferences
  parse 2 for any other options
  several test blocks such as: