[MPlayer-dev-eng] [doc] lame compilation + lame & mencoder errors with buggy compilers

pl p_l at tfz.net
Fri Nov 16 15:11:59 CET 2001

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 01:30:09PM +0100, Ponekker Zoltan wrote:
> >   Installation of lame:
> >     configure [options]
> >     make test
>
> Lame and libdivxencore.so test in configure2 ?

I can try and add this test by getting the testcase.mp3 and testcase.wav
from the lame project. Yet, this will add 110KB of binary data into the
cvs.

This will spit to the user the value it returns and tell him to check
his lame install.

But we may also just encourage him to install & compile correctly his
software (possibly with a stainless steel rod :)

FWIW, I don't hear any difference between <30 values and 400 values when
encoded with --r3mix or at 192 in CBR, but lame's makefile encourages to
<30.

As for libdivxencore.so a compile test is already done.

--
Best regards,
  pl