[MPlayer-dev-eng] New dxr3 patch

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Fri Nov 16 14:28:42 CET 2001

Arpi wrote:

>Hi,

>>here is the next DXR3 patch, it fixes some syncing stuff, a big rewrite of
>>the vo device....
>>

>ok, applied. it seems to contain your previous ASAP patch, so i didn't apply
>that.

Yeah, correct, I didn't realise I released them so close, and you know
the speed issues of my mail servers, I actually saw the prior post just
after I sent this patch...

>>Still audio/subpic issues, but on some files it actually seems to run a bit
>>faster (still -ao dxr3 is mostly useless until I can really track down the
>>bug...)
>>
>hmm. i suspect the problem may be the timing code in mplayer. it's desigend
>for software playback, for hw you may have to disable it and leave the
>timing stuff to the hw. to do it, |256 to return value of query_format()
>
>check for ao|vo_mpegpes, i changed it about a week ago to handle both audio
>and video in sync.

Thanks, I'll look into it, this has been bugging me for quite a while
now, and I haven't been able to find ANYTHING useful by running with
profiling etc.

Perhaps you should point out in the tech docs that device developers has
access to the timestamps through ao_pts and vo_pts, I didn't realise
that until I began working on libvo2, since the dxr3/h+ has pts support
syncing might be improved by writing them (at least it improved for me,
with the negative effect that audio is choppy when video is choppy,
instead of audio playing normally and video lagging behind... ;)