[MPlayer-dev-eng] [doc] lame compilation + lame & mencoder errors with buggy compilers

pl p_l at tfz.net
Fri Nov 16 13:22:48 CET 2001

Hi,

Gabucino, feel free to modify & add the following hint & faq item where
you think they should go.

Hint 1
~~~~~~
  Installation of lame:
    configure [options]
    make test

 If you've got a value above 30 then something is wrong with your
 optimizing compiler. Try :
    export CFLAGS=-O1    #or export CFLAGS=-O0 if it does not work
    configure [options]
    make test

 If 'make test' cannot be run then your compiler is a real crap.
 Please check gcc-2.96-3.0.html if you're using such a compiler.

 Then do 'make install'

Hint 2
~~~~~~
Why do I have the following message when I use mencoder ?

Internal buffer inconsistency. flushbits <> ResvSizebit reservoir error:
l3_side->main_data_begin: -56
Resvoir size:             0
resv drain (post)         178
resv drain (pre)          0
header and sideinfo:      288
data bits:                2930
total bits:               3396 (remainder: 4)
bitsperframe:             3336

 They are 'lame' related messages, try to have the 'make test' passed in
 your lame directory.

--
Best regards,
  pl