[MPlayer-dev-eng] Open Source Video 1 Decoder

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Nov 14 05:53:12 CET 2001

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Arpi wrote:

> check this please:
> mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/V-codecs/CRAM/BARBIE.AVI
>
> has some random black dots, while it plays fine in xanim. 8bpp...
> same effect with danve.avi, but less noticable

	I appreciate another file to work with besides the dance.avi
file. Thanks. And you're right, that Barbie file has got it bad, in more
ways than one.

	I have a strange feeling that the 8-bit problem has something to
do with the AVI palette. Nobody responded to my RGBQUAD question. I'll dig
deeper into the XAnim code.

	BTW, I've uploaded a file named clock-cram16.avi which is a
much more lightweight and colorful CRAM-16 AVI file then your current
CRAM-16 sample.

--
	-Mike Melanson