[MPlayer-dev-eng] -vo mga quiestions

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Tue Nov 13 18:37:01 CET 2001

Hello, Arpi!

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:05:38 +0200 (CEST) you wrote:

> Hi,

> > > hmm. as currently only mga_vid is working, it has no sense. if more drivers
> > > come like your radeon_vid and my ati_vid (or is hould change name then to
> > > mach64_vid) it has some sense. btw we should keep current interface, and add
> > yes - because ATI is name of firm but not chipset ;)
> yes and mga means matrox graphic adapter :)
>
> > > soem new ioctls to query supported formats.
> > >
> > Agree
> > > in source tree? drivers/*
> > > installed i dunno, maybe at the lib/modules/*/misc
> > >
> > I meant that they author is Aaron Holtzman. Did he participate with mplayer in the past?
> no. he made it for mpeg2dec maybe. but didn't maintained for a very long
> time. i picked it up and added some features like double.triple buffering,
> yuy2 support etc.

As I already wrote (2-3 month ago) Rubby works on XXX_vid interface for Linux-2.5
(at sf.net/projects/linuxconsole)
IMHO we should coordinate our extensions of vid_drivers with him.

> > > what logic? it simply enables non-colorkeyed overlay at 0,0 position at dest
> > > w/h size.
> > >
> > I'm ready to add colorkey support, but I don't know what is it.
> maskink overlay pixels by a given color of background.
>
> > Radeon supports also:
> > brightness saturation control
> > gamma correction
> > deinterlace pattern !!!
> > video key control

> > > strange. maybe you have problems with stride.
> > > note that -vo mga uses 32 byte align at each line (mga hw limitation)

> > > no
> > >
> > But why it's named BES?
> back end scaler
>
> > I've spend a lot of my time to program SCALER :(
> it's hardware

After implementing the same features in vo_vesa I'll have much less problems
with understanding of vo_mga ;)

> > > IYUV==I420 and it's the same as YV12 but U V planes swapped.
> > >
> > > i don't know about any hw which supports YUV9.
> > >
> > Radeon VE ;)
> cool. then it's ready for direct indeo and sorenson support :)
> (indeo and sorenson uses yuv9 as internal format)

When it will works :(