[MPlayer-dev-eng] blit_frame in dec_video.c

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Nov 12 19:19:42 CET 2001

Hi,

> 	In the course of writing the Video 1 decoder, I came across the
> global variable blit_frame in dec_video.c. I had to guess at its
it's not global

> functionality. It seems that setting it to a 3 instructs the program to
> treat the output video data at packed linear data, while a 2 means planar
> data. 0 seems to indicate no output. Is there anything else about this
> variable I should know?

nono!

blit = 0  means no blitting, the codec didn't produced new image
blit = 1  means image is drawed (the codec called the draw_* functions)
blit = 2  means draw_* should be called, planes[] and stride[] is already
          set up by codec
blit = 3  means draw_* should be called, and planes/stride should be
          calculated from sh_video->our_out_buffer and ->disp_*

it's just to avoid duplicating some common code to prepare and call draw_*
functions.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu