[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder: didn't link (latest MPlayer CVS and lame CVS)

Dieter Nützel Dieter.Nuetzel at hamburg.de
Thu Nov 8 23:54:44 CET 2001

Am Donnerstag, 8. November 2001 23:01 schrieb Arpi:
> Hi,
>
> > I've tried to compile MPlayer CVS with latest Lame CVS, libdvdread and
> > libdvdcss. Linking braken with error below.
>
> 1. this is developers list. send bugreports to -users

OK, but it is no user error, anyway ;-)

> 2. please read teh error message:
> > collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped

I can read, but I have HUGE VIS apps running and under development, here,
which compiles and link without a hitch, so I've pointed first to MPlayer and
one of the involved libs. Even DRI development stuff works so far. I do and
did some of the Glide3/tdfx stuff.

> you can see, ld fails. not our fault. upgrade binutils or report it to your
> distro maintainer...

I think, they will say it is a stable version...
But you are right.

> gabu: please add this ld and gcc sig11 to FAQ, this is the N+1.(N is very
> big number) such mail...

OK, sorry, I'll have a closer look at it.

Go on with your _GREAT_ work!

-Dieter

BTW I see a problem with XFree86 DRI CVS texture management (Voodoo5 5500,
tdfx Xv driver). KPager (KDE 2.2.1) and gmplayer interfere. If I close
gmplayer KPager would be killed. It seems to be a QT bug.

/home/nuetzel> kpager
/home/nuetzel> In file kernel/qpixmap_x11.cpp, line 1629: Out of memory