[MPlayer-dev-eng] About the future - libvo2...

Ivan Kalvatchev iive at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 16:41:03 CET 2001

--- Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > perhaps
> > struct ConvInfo confInfo=
> initConvert(outputFormat, inputFormat,
> > inputStride[], outputStride[], inputWidth,
> inputHeight, outputWidth,
> > outputHeight, inputSliceHeight, int speed);
> >
> > convert(dst[], src[], sliceNum, convInfo);
> >

> bad. stride should be at convert(), as it can change
> frame  by frame
> same stay for strides. reference frames has no
> strides, while temporal
> frames has no extra bands outside the image (so
> stride==width then).
>
> only pass in/out format, and in/out size (and
> quality flags) to init.
>
> quality could be something with flags, like a flag
> for dithering, one for
> linear interpolation etc... of course they can be
> ignored by converters with
> no use of them.

How about :

struct Frame{
int imgfmt;//RGB, BGR,yv12,yuyv
void * base0;//R or B or Y
void * base1;//G or      V or U
void * base2;//B or R of U or V
void * base3;//Quantization Table for pp
int x,y;
int stride0;
int stride1;
int flags;//can we write in this frame? (minimize
coping of frames when pp)
...//more ideas
};

int convert(struct Frame *dst,struct Frame *src){
if( dst->imgfmt==src->imgfmt) return OK;//
if( dst->x != src->x) scalex(dst,src);
}

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
p.s sorry if you get this twice but my 1'st mail is
late with few hours, so i issume it is lost in site
shutdown.