[MPlayer-dev-eng] About the future - libvo2...

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Nov 7 16:37:26 CET 2001

Hi

On Wednesday 07 November 2001 13:48, Ivan Kalvatchev wrote:
> --- Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
>
> How about
> struct Frame{
> int imgfmt;//RGB, BGR,yv12,yuyv
> void * base0;//R or B or Y
> void * base1;//G or      V or U
> void * base2;//B or G of U or V
> void * base3;//Quantizatio for pp
uint8_t * seems to be a better choice imho
uint8_t *rgb, *y, *u, *v, *yuv;
uint32_t *qp;

> int x,y;
int width, height or w, h (x, y can be missunderstood)

> int stride0;
> int stride1;
ok and which base uses which stride?!
int yStride, uStride, vStride, packedStride;
int qpStride; // for pp

> int flags;//can we write in this frame? (minimize
> coping of frames)
> ...//more ideas
> };
>
> Frame src;
> Frame dst;
> int convert(struct Frame *dst,struct Frame *src){
> if( dst->imgfmt==src->imgfmt) return OK;//
> }
we should support converting a just few lines at a time, this would be faster
because of fewer memory accesses
we really need a init function (to select the best combination of converters
and to init some stuff (palette conversion, look up tables, mmx2 scaler)

Michael