[MPlayer-dev-eng] DXR3-Beta2

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Tue Nov 6 23:43:40 CET 2001

Hi,
here is the long awaited Beta2 patch for the DXR3 device. This one
definately compiles against the em8300 cvs version (I know some of you
had troubles with the old patch, I sent an update to em8300 and planned
to send the Beta2 patch for mplayer a few hours later, turned out I had
some more issues to resolve than I thought ;)

The dxr3 audio out is still not working properly, and this is NOT due to
my code, but seems to be a bug or something in the driver, I'm going to
look into it later, video out is more important since most people have a
soundcard in their computer anyhow.
I'm considering fixing it using a simple hack until I can take a closer
look at the driver-code.

The video out now supports (all?) video codecs, but win32 codecs aren't
scaled yet, but I'm too tired to fix it now, and since the version on
cvs doesn't compile this is helluva lot better than nothing.

I'm also working on putting in support for the OSD/Subtitles using the
subpicture channels of the DXR3, the code is finished but something
seems to be wrong because it segfaults whenever I turn it on (so it's
turned off by default).

Please read DOCS/DXR3 since it contains installation instructions and
probably alot of things I haven't mentioned here.

And yeah, get em8300 from cvs....

I'll be away for the most part of tomorrow, and there is school on
thursday, we'll have to see when the next patch arrives.
I'm planning to have osd/subtitles and scaling of the outputs of win32
codecs (I'll perhaps reimplement the win32 codec handler so that it's a
bit faster...). If my audio hack works "-ao dxr3" will hopefully be
usable with the next patch too.

Well, tell everyone you know to stop use xine and start using mplayer!

/* Hmm, someone was nice enough to move yuv2rgb without telling me...
damn, have to make a new patch =( */

//David Holm