[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer GUI suggestion!

Jesus Climent data at polinux.upv.es
Sun Nov 4 17:36:31 CET 2001

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 05:37:59PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're working (at least should work but no time) on the new libvo2.
> we don't want to change or improve old libvo. the new libvo2 has
> powerfull control() interface for sepcial things like your ideas.
> it also supports direct rendering... but someone really should
> work on it. i've ported mga driver and got it work, but nothing more.
> it needs lots of things to do - implement buffer management code, including
> various scaling and colorspace conversion, add osd/sub code with ability to
> render under the image, and update subs only when changes... there were
> lots of ideas for libvo2 but nobody is interested enough and hes enough time
> to really do something :(
>
> i'm personally like demuxer/muxer coding much better than rtfm-ing X
> programming manuals and suck with the incompatible window managers...

What about a roadmap? defining the features of a V1.0 and the releasing
that V1.0 when all the features are met.

That would help developers concentrate on some things...

For example, if the requirements for number of codecs are met, just
release the version 1.0 and start pushing developers to change the API
to libvo2.

I have heard so many times since I am subscribed about that libvo2
but never seen any progress. On the other hand, I have seen many impro-
vements done by you related with xanim codecs, and so on. And that
eventhough you say that you don't have time... ;)

Don't take these critics as negative ones, please, but just as a comment
trying to help to improve mplayer developement.

J.