[MPlayer-dev-eng] Best, supported, TV-out chip as generic framebuffer?

Neologism Neologism at POBox.COM
Sun Nov 4 00:20:24 CET 2001

On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 08:10, David Holm wrote:
> Check dxr3.sourceforge.net to see what cards are supported.

Okay, I just scoured dxr3.sourceforge.net and couldn't find any
information about which cards will or will not work with the generic
framebuffer support in your MPlayer patch (which, I understand, is
fairly recent functionality for the dxr3 project).  From this I assume
that all of the cards being used with the dxr3 project will support the
patch.

Reading your own documentation I see that the dxr3 uses the bt865 chip
instead of the adv717* for the TV-out.  Does anyone have a sense of
which is the higher quality?  How about the VideoLogic board, anyone
know what it uses?  My whole reason for wanting to purchase one of these
cards is to get the highest Linux-supported TV-out quality I can.  The
NetStream2000 has component outs (ooooooo!) in addition to S-Video.  Any
sense of whether we can utilize undocumented generic framebuffer support
on it as well?

Thanks for your thoughts, I'm eager to purchase some hardware and get
into the game, but I don't want to buy the wrong one.

Neologism