[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer GUI suggestion!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Nov 2 16:37:59 CET 2001

Hi,

we're working (at least should work but no time) on the new libvo2.
we don't want to change or improve old libvo. the new libvo2 has
powerfull control() interface for sepcial things like your ideas.
it also supports direct rendering... but someone really should
work on it. i've ported mga driver and got it work, but nothing more.
it needs lots of things to do - implement buffer management code, including
various scaling and colorspace conversion, add osd/sub code with ability to
render under the image, and update subs only when changes... there were
lots of ideas for libvo2 but nobody is interested enough and hes enough time
to really do something :(

i'm personally like demuxer/muxer coding much better than rtfm-ing X
programming manuals and suck with the incompatible window managers...