[Mplayer-dev-eng] fbdev & S/PDIF

Peter Niemayer niemayer.viag at isg.de
Mon May 28 17:32:55 CEST 2001

Hi,

two questions: Arpi told me someone already implemented AC3 output
through the S/PDIF outlet of a Soundblaser Live 5.1 - but it hasn't
made it yet into the CVS. I'd be interested in getting that code to work -
so please send me your code, even if it's incomplete...

Then, I've experienced a problem with the fbdev driver: When I
start mplayer from my (fbdev) console (no X11), it plays nice, but does not erase
the console screen before playing and also prints out its stats at the bottom
of the screen which is very irritating. Can you put in a small switch that
directs mplayer to blank the console and not print out any stats while playing
this way...? (btw.: the same applies to the mga_vid driver)

Regards,

Peter Niemayer