[Mplayer-dev-eng] Intel C Compiler

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Wed May 23 15:03:32 CEST 2001

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Arpi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just get it working, and it's great! At least for Intel CPU's (p2/p3)!

you mean the Beta version with the horrible procedure to get a user's
licence? Test version till September? How did you get it working?
I didn't even get through stdio.h here and the "premier" support told me,
it's just running with RedHat 6.2

Actually I think, mplayer should run with as many compilers as possible,
so you can choose yourself. Intel C is surely going to cost money, so
we should not rely on it.
On the other hand, if it speeds things up, why not support it. Heck,
even if there were a Microsoft compiler it should be testd for speedup.

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se