[Mplayer-dev-eng] Feature Request - Software Scaling with X11-output

Leif Jakob mplayer at jakob.weite-welt.com
Wed May 23 12:51:54 CEST 2001

Hi List!

Some doc update: TV-Out also works now with NVidia-chips using the new
closed source XFree-drivers

Everything running through this driver (TV-Out only or dualhead) has
to use plain X11 ("-vo x11" is the only working output for me). That's
why I ask for software scaling for X11-output. I probably could do the
coding myself but I'm very busy the next weeks. It would be great to
zoom into wide screen movies with loosing some information on both
sides but reduce the black bars on top and bottom if possible.

Thanks for this great player

Leif