[Mplayer-dev-eng] new release?

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 23 08:48:17 CEST 2001

On Wednesday, 23. May 2001 11:09, you wrote:

> >> Please tell me date of release - because I have no possibility to sync
> >> DOCS every hour.
> >
> >I don't know release date yet... It was just a question about your
> > opinions.
> >
> >I think we should freezee code 3 day before the release date. Then we
> >have to make english docs up-to-date (adding misisng functions, update
> >BUGS section, version number :) etc) and after it you can sync translated
> >docs.
> >
> >Also verbose levels and debug printfs can be cleaned then.
> >
> >So, what about the end of next week? Freeze at friday, and release at
> >monday?
>
> I'm agree but not earlier.
>
> Also I have still one NEW DOCUMENT for mplayer - please see attach.
> I hope such document will be useful for everyone who uses mplayer.
> I think every developer should expand or improve this document.

I think XFree should be optional.
Btw. maybe we can workaround using makedepend from xfree, make should be able
to create dependancy files too, at least it does when compiling linux kernel.
Or detect presence of makedepend from cpnfigure and disable depend code in
makefiles when not detected.

--
Best Regards,
   Felix