[Mplayer-dev-eng] vo_fsdga & fastmemcpy

Andreas Ackermann (Acki) asackerm at stud.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu May 17 23:35:06 CEST 2001

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've found in vo_dga.c module:
>
> // I had tried to work with mmx/3dnow copy code but
> // there was not much speed gain and I didn't know
> // how to save the FPU/mmx registers - so the copy
> // code interferred with sound output ...
> // removed the leftovers
> // acki2 on 30/3/2001
>
> Unfortunately on my hardware neither vo_dga nor vo_fsdga don't work
> But imho their author probably should use FEMMS opcode before and after
> 3dnow/mmx block on k6-2. This opcode was documented as:

What hardware + XServer do you use?

- If it's not working due to MMX code, look for

case VDM_CONV_NATIVE:

Make it use rep_movsl() for copying instead of memcpy(). This code is also
optimized but without mmx. If dga still doesnt't work, you've got
other problems ...

vo_fsdga is not maintained by me and a VERY old branch of vo_dga forked
by arpi, I guess ...

-Acki