[Mplayer-dev-eng] DGA: I'll be on vacation ...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu May 17 03:14:14 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I'll be on vacation from may 24th to june 4th, so if there are any major
> issues with vo_dga.c better tell me *NOW* !!!!
I had problems about a month ago (it didn't work on X 3.3.6), but
it has been solved somehow (bug disappeard).
So at least for me it works well, both X 3.3.6 and 4.0.1 + DRI-CVS
(except that it always changes vidmode, even without the -vm switch)

According to mplayer-users list, some users has problem with disabled
DGA. They get messages like 'selected resultion: 100000x100000x100000' and
then it fails. can you fix/workaround it? (adding a note in DOCS/BUGS or FAQ
is a workaround too :))

> Look at www.xfree.org/~keithp/
>
> There's a description of a new rendering API for X (implemented in XFree
> 4.0.3 already) called Render Extension. This should provide an interface to
> hardware-accelerated alpha-channel drawing functions. I've downloaded the
> code samples & compiled & and at least the samples work, however I've
> still no idea about speed.
Hmm. Is it usefull for OSD/SUB or for what?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu