[Mplayer-dev-eng] mpg12play-irix

Gernot Ziegler gz at lysator.liu.se
Tue May 15 09:20:01 CEST 2001

Hej Arpi !

> > Arpi, about portability:
> > I just saw that you have implemented dword reading functions in stream.c -
> > is it _only_ those I have to change for your code (not the libs) to work ?
> I dunno. But i hope :)
>
> Hmm. maybe you mustn't change them! Thay already read file byte-to-byte,
> so CPU's byteordering doesn't matter.
Eiiixactly ! Your code worked out of the box, grrreat work ! 8-)

> you can simply drop avip and related stuff (loader/* etc).
> mpegp must compile without it, they were separated up to 0.09.
> (there was a big code mix and code mess :( at 0.10)
Done that !

> > Ha, interesting - well you Hungarians are usually good at (passive) German
> > :-)
> German was the only selectable alternative to russian here, so i learned it.
> But it was 8 years ago... :((
Hehe - come and visit me in Vienna this year, and I'll learn you some
German ;) ;)

Servus,
  Gernot

T                 The Austria <=> Sweden connection.....                 T
O                Homepage: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz                 E