[Mplayer-dev-eng] release 0.18...

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed May 9 00:35:24 CEST 2001

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 12:01:22AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please make a patch for the SBlive SPDIF AC3 stuff?
> I want to apply it, if it's stable enough, and doesn't make
> other code broken.
>
> > 	I don't fully understand the IFO format, so maybe that in fact
> > that is all we can get, the list I talked about seems to fit on 32bits
> > so maybe it should be sector based. I'm still looking though other
> > people's work, but I'm quite busy this weekend so I won't work on it
> > until monday.
> After the coming-soon 0.18 release i want to add IFO code too.

Agreed. Imho, the overflow of 32 bit integeres must be handled somehow.
I would prefer using sector based values instead of byte granulity.
The minimal element can be read at once is a sector for encrypted disks,
so it mustn't be a problem at all. And we can avoid using long long
values and other ugly hacks in this way.

Nowdays, I am/was busy with PHP4 development but I hope I'll have time
to work on MPlayer soon.

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!